18 December 2008

Star Tortoise (Geochelone Elegans)

I am going to share with you something about my star tortoise (Geochelone Elegans). This is my real experience through rearing a star tortoise for about two years. I bought this star tortoise on February 2006, there is something I found interesting on star tortoise, it is lack of hearing sense. Therefore, my star tortoise is anonymous,since i never call it by its name,hehe...

Here are some care sheet of star tortoise for your reference:
These are a few indications of a healthy star tortoise:

My anonymous star tortoise

My star tortoise is fed on the leaf of the plant which i grow it with natural farming method (free from pesticide,artificial or chemical fertilizer).

The food sources of my star tortoise (the "own-managed" farm at the back of my house)

And now, i wish to express my special thank to my dear sister, if not because of her, my star tortoise could have died of respiratory disease one and a half years ago. I remembered that time my star tortoise was inactive, refused to eat, and some fluid was coming out from its nostril. When I was about to give out (before that I consulted a vet, but he can't help), my sister gave me a lot of encouragement by helping me to consult another vet friend, help up in "forced-feeding" activity and with the grace of God, it was able to survive until now.

My star tortoise was always an attraction or a focus for the view of the public whenever i bring it to. I love my star tortoise.

Photo Gallery:



p/s: be kind to star tortoise.

1 comment:

  1. the star tortoise very cute like u...i like...
    i owiz be ter 4 u o....=D

    ~small princess~

    ReplyDelete